The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Amos 2.0 - Part 1


In the wake of Amos' recent disastrous visit to the vet, I'm on a mission to transform into a happy and healthy cat -- Amos 2.0.

The first initiative is to get him to lose some weight. He is currently at 14.4 lbs, and according the vet, this is too heavy for a cat his age. I am surprised by this news since he doesn't look fat to me -- and I didn't really appreciate Dr. Duke's comment, "Chubby cats are so cute aren't they?"

Nonetheless, I'm following the doctor's orders and started Amos on a new diet last week. I have been feeding him wet food twice a day, supplemented by the usual dry food. Supposedly, by me feeding him only dry food, it has been the equivalent of me eating nothing but bagels. Oops.

Considering he'll put just about anything in his mouth, I was a little surprised that he was so picky about the flavors of the wet food, but can I really blame him? This stuff smells disgusting. After snubbing the chicken flavor, he is going crazy for the "salmon entree". And yes, I'm feeding him the snobby Nutro brand, because that's what type of dry food I buy.

Week 1 = Success

I tried to weigh him at home but he wouldn't stay still on the scale.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...