The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Monday, September 13, 2010

Dog-Eared Cat Book

At the airport I decided to pick up a book to read while visiting my mother in Nashville. I didn't want something heavy as my graduate classes provide me enough of that. I wanted something light that I could maybe finish in a weekend.

Walking around the store I saw the book cover with a cat on it about 20 feet away. It was Homer's Odyssey. A story about a cat with no eyes.

I picked it up and put it down right away. I didn't want to go farther down the path of being a crazy cat lady. But, I picked it up and read the back cover and immediately started to feel a little teary-eyed. It is a book about a pet and we all know how those books end.

Now, I am not saying that I have given away the ending. I am only three chapters in, but I am bracing myself for the possibility.

I'll give a review when I am finished with the book, but so far this seems like a pretty amazing cat. Homer taught himself how to use the toilet!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...