The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Golden Chalice

When my cats eat they leave behind a huge mess of crumbs all over the floor around their bowls. It isn't just crumbs, it is whole kernels of food. Sometimes there is a lot on the floor. So much so that it is like almost a whole cup of food! And the food is expensive. I can't afford to throw away perfectly good food. I just scoop the food off the floor and put it back in the bowl. Those brats will eat what I give them.

They had bowls like these.

















I thought that an up grade would help. So, I bought these flat like bowls. It didn't.


Cat food everywhere!

Now, when I left on my trip I set out one of my bowls as an extra bowl for food if H couldn't make it one day to check on them. And surprisingly, there didn't seem to be as much food left over on the floor. This is a picture after several days of not cleaning up the food on the floor.


So that got me thinking. It isn't the shape of the bowl that mattered. It was the fact that the bowl is meant for humans. My cats are too good for anything that was created for cats. They like the water out of my glass than out of their bowl. The sleep in my bed, not their beds. They wouldn't hang out in their "cat condo," instead my couch.

Cats are snobs.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...