The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cats and MBAs


I finally graduated. The end of the semester was the reason for my prolonged absence from Felinefluenza. The above picture was included in my graduation announcement. As I am known for sending out cats cards I knew that I could not pass up an opportunity to put a cat on a graduation announcement, especially when I found this stock photo. Isn't it perfect?

While I succeed in completing my MBA, I did fail at completing a goal for myself. I was going to try and do one presentation on cats at some point during my coursework. There were only a few opportunities where I had the liberty to incorporate cats, but for the better of my education I decided there were other companies and product categories that better suited for those projects. Incorporating cats would have been a stretch and would not have demonstrated properly the skills I had learned.

I would, however, like to thank my cats, Laci and Washoo, for their contribution to my education. They were great companions as I worked late into the night. They did not disturb me if I had the opportunity to sleep in. Laci would keep me productive by sitting on my lap forcing me to continue working. Washoo would help out by sitting on important papers and articles making sure they didn't disappear. And they were great distractions when I needed them. Thank you.

I would also like to thank my friends who threw me an awesome cat themed graduation party. Check out the cake!



- M

1 comment:

  1. That cake is amazing! p.s. you might enjoy this (my favorite Wikipedia entry, ever): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_with_fraudulent_diplomas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...