The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Thursday, June 2, 2011

FYI: The Pope Loves Cats

This morning I found myself watching the Today show during my cool down from my extremely early morning run with a friend of mine. The focus of the show was about the Pope and the Catholic Church. Matt Lauer had an audience with the Pope and gave him a gift, a crystal cat (shown above). Apparently the Pope is a huge fan of cats!

While I am neither Catholic nor religious, I do have to say that the Pope is a pretty high profile cat fan. We'll leave the discussions about controversies in the Catholic Church about pedophile coverups and the speculation about Pope Benedict's past to other blogs. This blog is just about cats. And as a cat fan, I think that it gives the Pope a couple of bonus points.

Check out the footage. At about 3:23 Matt mentions the gift and the Pope's affinity for cats.




- M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...