The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Friday, June 24, 2011

Plants and Cats: It's One or the Other


I do not think it's possible to be a cat-owner AND a plant-owner. Unfortunately, I love both.

Amos recently broke a SECOND potted plant on my one east-facing windowsill. This time it was the yellow pot that the Christmas Cactus has been living in. I had to transport the cactus to the yellow pot after he broke the first one the cactus was living in - with was my favorite, a gift. He loves to sit in that window more than any others in the apartment and it doesn't seem to matter that there are 4 or 5 potted plants on the sill at any given time. He just swings and tail and they go crashing onto the radiator or floor below. Sometimes he prefers to just play in the soil and then track his dirty paws all over the apartment.

When he's not carelessly smashing them or digging them up, he's eating them. And finding the green puke piles on the rugs is super disgusting. A friend of mine brought me a nice potted plant a few months ago. Unfortunately, Amos thinks this particular plant is quite tasty. The plant (we're still not sure what kind it is since the tag simply reads "foliage") is now all know all gnarled and hanging on for dear life.

I refuse to give up my plants. I mean, they are living creatures too! I have already had to give up a couple because so many plants are poisonous to cats, including my favorite (lily). I even had to take my aloe plant to my office in case Amos decided to see what it tastes like. The plants are staying damnit! So I guess it's Amos who must go.

Just kidding.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...