The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Favorite Neighbor

Nene is an adorable and sweet brindle kitty who lives in a house on my street.

She often sits on the front steps of her home and then runs down to greet the neighbors as they walk by, softly brushing up against our legs.

One night, Nene followed me into my apartment building's courtyard, unbeknown to me, and I shut the gate. I could not coax her out and was worried she would get stuck in the courtyard (the gate is very low to the ground and it did not seem possible for her to slide underneath).

I tried to pick Nene up but this startled her and she ran into the bushes to watch me at a distance, now suspicious of me. I quickly went upstairs to my apartment to get some treats to help coax her out of the bushes, but by the time I had returned she was nowhere to be found.

After searching the courtyard, I walked down the street to Nene's house and there she was, sitting on the stoop. I'm sure this was not the first time she had followed one of her neighbor friends into the courtyard.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...