The Contagious Desire to Talk About All Things Cats

Monday, January 31, 2011

Eating is Sometimes a Competitive Event when You Own a Cat

It isn't often that I have cereal in my house. I get sick of it after about a week. But it is a week for cereal. I went to Target and picked up a box of cereal and a carton of soy milk. I don't like regular milk by itself. It has to be throughly mixed into something. Cereal and milk is just too much of direct contact with the milk, so I buy soy. Even then, I just pour enough soy milk to barely coat each individual flake.

I think Washoo can read English because as soon as I pulled out the containers of soy milk and cereal she started to stalk the room. And after I poured my perfect proportion of soy milk and cereal she positioned herself at the table. I tried to sit down and eat at the dining table like a civilized person. She kept hovering over me and reaching for the bowl. Even after I picked the bowl up and basically held it under my chin she would reach for it with her little paws. Attempts to push her off the table were futile. She would jump right back up. There was no distracting her.

I gave up and stood in the middle of the kitchen to eat my cereal. It was the only way.

I have to admire her tenacity. I let her lick the bowl clean of vanilla flavored soy milk.



















- M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...